Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Anthropomorphic Furniture


Partially due simply to how it hangs, but also due to my knowledge of how my housemates and I spend our time on the hammock, it’s only natural that it reminds me of a sloth. The curve of the material and the way it lazily sways from side to side in a breeze just makes me think that if it were to decide to use its hooks (or claws) and crawl away, it would do so in a leisurely manner. 

Metaphoric Architecture


The White-Devries Rowing Facility is to me most obviously metaphoric of a wave because of the curvature of the roof and the blue reflective windows, but the limestone and brick on the other hand gives it some harmony with the rest of the campus architecture. The connection to the campus gives me the structure and importance and seriousness that tie in with the educational appearance of the campus. 


Evocative Object



Through most people’s eyes my music box is just a tacky souvenir that you can find anywhere on the streets of Paris, but it plays the tune to one of my favorite films: Amélie. It may seem like just a song from a movie, but my best friend spent two months in France and introduced me to the quirky French film. Now every time I turn the crank on my cheap little music box to hear La valse d’Amelie, I think about my best friend and how much she loved studying French.

No comments:

Post a Comment