Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekly Response #1 - Communication


ANTHROPOMORPHIC
The Dental School Building:


When looking at the architecture of the Dental School Building, there is one feature that clearly sticks out over anything else. This feature would be the elevated front of the building, and the 2 rows of pillars holding it up(that aren't too tall). To me, it is as if this is a mouth, with the pillars being the teeth. So in order to enter the Dental School you must first go into “the mouth”.








METAMORPHIC
Jeep Commander:


To me the Jeep Commander was designed to resemble a very masculine vehicle. The designers accomplished this by giving the car very sharp, rigid edges. There are very few curves on this car, and it is also a pretty large vehicle which gives it an intense presence. Jeep wanted this car to appeal to men who are seeking adventure.





EVOCATIVE
Bean Bag Chair:


Bean bag chairs evoke an extreme sense of nostalgia for me. I've had multiple bean bag chairs in my room throughout my childhood. I enjoyed them because they took any shape and formed to you. There is no way you can sit on one of them without being comfortable. It brings memories of my brother and I sitting in our chairs playing xbox for hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment